“The premier source for the best, most qualified, and progressive purchasing and supply management professionals in the Gulf South”
ISM-GNO exists to provide its members with professional and personal development in essential attitudes, skills, and knowledge that is needed to excel in the field of purchasing and supply management. ISM-GNO educates its members on current and emerging techniques, processes, and practices needed for continued success and profitability.
When you join ISM-GNO as a regular member, you automatically become a member of the Institute for Supply Management–ISM. Membership in ISM opens lines of communication to 48,000 other purchasing and materials management professionals in the business, government, and academic sectors. ISM’s annual regional and international conferences give you the opportunity to keep abreast of the latest technology, processes, and upcoming trends.
ISM established the Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) program on June 1, 1974. It helps recognize procurement as a critical function with high educational standards, ethics, and measures of ability and performance. Among the academic and the business communities, it has earned high recognition and respect and helped identify the purchasing professional as a key management team member.
With approximately 150 members in the Greater New Orleans affiliate, ISM-GNO offers its members an excellent opportunity for networking and education. As a member of ISM-GNO, you will receive many benefits and services.
- Professional growth through a network.
- Affiliate meetings and programs featuring exciting speakers with timely and cutting edge topics each month.
- Members’ discount on CPSM, CPSD, and CSM classes and ISM certification review workshops.
- The opportunity for personal and professional growth by becoming a member of the ISM-GNO affiliate management team.
- Access to the career resources where you can review and apply to various job opportunities.
- Scholarship opportunities
- Opportunity to acquire new skills in planning, managing, and organizing while developing your leadership potential by volunteering as a committee member.
For more information about membership, please visit our Membership Information page or contact Klassi Duncan, Director of Marketing and Membership.
ISM-GNO’s dinner meetings are educational dinner meetings held the third week of every month, featuring experienced and knowlegable guest speakers. Locations vary to accommodate the diverse locations of our members. Please visit our Upcoming Events page for more information on these monthly meetings or contact Matt Primeau, 1st Vice President.