Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the ISM-GNO, Inc.. The purpose of ISM-GNO is to provide personal and professional growth to its members. We currently have a membership of approximately 150 purchasing professionals in a variety of capacities. If you are in the field of materials management, please read below to see what being a ISM-GNO member has to offer.
If you are involved with purchasing, materials, or supply chain management, purchasing research, value analysis, inventory control or any activity or function which is related to purchasing, or if you simply interested in the field, you need to belong to ISM-GNO and ISM! (Membership Application)
Members are eligible to receive discounts on seminars, educational products, ISM certifications and certification exams, and can attend many free seminars. These discounts alone will pay for the cost of your dues many times over during the year.
Note: ISM dues are collected based on ISM’s fiscal year starting in June. Depending on when a member joins/pays their dues, they could be charged up to 18 months of dues, pro-rated through the end of the next fiscal year.
- Local Networking and Job Search Assistance
- Access to over 200 of your colleagues in 80 companies in Southeast Louisiana. Think of us as job insurance.
- Professional Development
- Quality purchasing education at minimum cost. Make yourself a more valuable employee!
- Leadership Development
- Improve your public speaking skills in a relaxed atmosphere at our dinner meetings.
- Monthly magazine on National and International trends and developments in the profession plus insightful “how-to” articles. The magazine is published exclusively for ISM members.
- A very highly-regarded and anticipated, leading, economic indicator. Detailed results available free to members.
- ISM Resource Guides
- Information on the “hot” topics and industry-specific resources
- ISM International Purchasing Conference and Proceedings
- Annual International Conference devoted exclusively to purchasing and supply management
- Center for Advanced Purchasing Studies (CAPS)
- Research studies and benchmarks free from CAPS
- Nations first scholarly journal devoted exclusively to purchasing and materials management R & D
- Nationally-recognized standards of competence and knowledge for purchasing and materials management
- Recognition and Awards
- J. Shipman Gold Medal – Purchasing profession’s highest honor presented by ISM
- Cosgrove Award – presented by the Southwest Supply Chain Forum (formerly District II)
- Emile L. Morvant Outstanding Member Award – presented by ISM-GNO
- Other awards are given ISM members for outstanding public relations, professional development, membership activities, and international activities
- ISM Special Interest Group/Forum
- Interest areas ranging from materials management to health care providers, to federal acquisitions, and MRO buyers
- Monthly and Special Association Activities
- Monthly Dinner meetings
- Local Satellite Seminars and Nation-Wide Seminars
- Special activity meetings
If you subscribe to our Principles and Standards of Purchasing Practice and also meet our eligibility requirements, we invite you to complete the Membership Application Form. Membership in ISM-GNO can be your most valuable purchase!